I'm writing this from a hotel room in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA having spent the past couple days out here for a strength training conference - The Hit Resurgence.
What an incredible couple of days....right now I'm still in awe of the experience as a whole and need less to say that future blogs will discuss the conference in greater detail. But here's what's going through my mind right now...
Firstly the back-profile of this conference is that a company called Discover Strength which run a series of high intensity gyms in Minnesota have run this conference over the past few years. Previous speakers include Jim Flannagan, Dr. Ellington Darden, Dr. Wayne Westcott and Dr. Ted Lambrinides (this is not an exhaustive list)...this year saw Matt Brzycki, Brian Johnston, Dave (and Patty Durell), Mark Asanovich, and more (sorry I'll get to everyone I promise)...oh and myself.
|6am is as good a time as any for a good|
MedX/Nautilus HIT workout!
Special thanks to:
- Greg for a truly awesome workout (and of course Taylor who started the workout!)
- Brandon Jonker (this guy's quest for knowledge with intelligent academic research and industry oriented questions was unbelievable; plus we hung out till like 2am drinking green beer and Guiness!),
- Brandon Rudenick for organising the logistics and management of the conference
- The other speakers for being an awesome group of supportive, challenging and progressive individuals (the term 'brotherhood' was used and it's truly not out of place!)
- The rest of the DS staff who held everything together
- And most importantly for me - Luke Carlson...at one point or another the comment of who was carrying the torch forward for HIT was asked....Luke - it's you fella...keep up the great work!
All - I'll write more in greater detail when I get back to the UK, but in the meantime; train hard and be well.